Saturday, July 12, 2008

I should be saying something !!

That's what I always thought whenever someone wished me good luck, and I just smiled back at them saying nothing. This was the scene till I was in 9th grade, I think. Sounds silly..but no one ever told me anything to say. Well you can argue, you observe people around you and learn social behavior. But in my defense, ...I just did not. I was very certain that something nice should be said back, but wasn't sure what it was. It was around the time of my final exams in my 9th grade when one of my father's family friend wished me good luck and I just smiled back, and there was a small pause as if saying...hey kid you got to say something. Then his wife said the same thing, making me more anxious. Later my sister scolded me for the misdemeanor. I asked, "What am I supposed to say". "THANK YOU !! You dumb head", she said. And I was blessed...

No comments: