Sunday, April 15, 2007

Its a shady morning

and my room is pitch dark. In front of me is lying the heavy, gigantic still figure of my room-mate. His snores are the only sign of any life harbouring him. But that is none of my concern. What I need is his right hand index finger. And I can do anything for it, except wake him. His body posture is perfect for me. His right hand extends away from his body with his hands wide open as if trying to get hold of something. I carefully go by his side and sit down on my knees and take deep breaths. How to do this ? I ask myself. What if he wakes up in the middle. No !!
Carefully I lean forward, and extend the open laptop towards his index finger and slide the lap top's finger-print key area under his index fingers. No, the pressure is not enough. I try it again. Nope this won't work. In a moment of desperation I look at his oblivious face and then grab his index finger and pass it over the key. "Aaahhhahhhah"....and I took a step back in horror. Vivek had the same look on his face as what Shilpa Shetty had when Shahrukh Khan pushed her from the roof in Baazigar. Or for that matter, if you have seen any of those Hollywood thrillers (scream..I know what you did last/ will do this summer/winter etc etc), you know the expression on the face of the main character when she discovers that her best friend is the killer...you know what I am talking about here ..rite !! For few seconds he is like ....what, why, how...no !! And now, embarrassed it dawns on me how stupid I have been. All my 007 movie inspired senses, which had some appetite for thrill had taken a backseat and I wanted to rush out of the room..of course with the password. As he regains senses, and I tell him what the matter was, he curses me and sweeps his much wanted index finger over the finger key. And I smoothly slip out of the room, as he snugs back into his blanket of snores. Mission failed even after its accomplishment...may be next time it won't.

6 comments:

Deebu said...

hehe..the beginning was scray, for a minute I thought u had turned to the other side ;)

Prashant said...

Wow...good point man !! Never read it that way ..hahaha

Imperceptible said...

Well...I found it a little more odd, as compared to ur usual eccentricity.

Prashant said...

I keep getting better man...keep getting better !!

jj said...

hehe!! so I find a mention in ur blog!! lucky me.....can't vouch for the Shilpa Shetty look though :)!

Prashant said...

You earned it man, you earned it !! :). And watch Baazigar again :)